Friday 22 October 2010

"Christmas is coming...........

..........and I'm NOT getting fat,
Please put more Cholesterol in the old man's hat!"
(a double helping of cream, a full fat yogurt and gallons of Baileys as well) I need to maintain weight and strength!

This photo was taken on a second visit to The Crown and Cushion at Minley on Thursday, but more of that later as we say TGIF I will fill in the gaps relating to recent events, happenings and other ghost stories: As the bar was empty ('onest guv I swear on Peggy Mitchell's life!) I am puzzled as to where the lady, in the mirror sitting with her back to us, came from ??????? (see Anecdotes for more details)


At 11.30 pm on Sunday evening I awoke in bed, having been to sleep for 4 hours after a very busy and thoroughly enjoyable weekend, to register the first signs that Goliath, who had gone AWOL since Friady because he was sulking about being out manoeuvered on both fronts; both pain and soreness, had sneaked back home with his tail between his legs and was wimpering out side the cat flap ! The big jessy couldn't finally stand the pace when Thursday's marathon session left him in bed on friday morning nursing a hangover the likes of which left him completely helpless, while I on the other hand was up and at 'em, rearing to get the party started again. So as sit here having taken a rare dose of meds (and that includes Xeloda from which am having a temporay rest- more about that later), dunking my 'nuts in my tea and with my pampered feet up, on the dining room table stretcher bars, after smoothering them in E45 cream -  'Calm down dear, it's only a foot fetish fantasy!' as Michael Winner would say, I try and recall the events of the previous week in order to tease and titillate my readers.

4 comments:

  1. It's a good thing I get to make more wholesome and flavoursome sauces in my cuisine, but it's not so good that my research team are concerned that the rate of weight loss is to rapid (down from 17st 3lbs in July to 15st 3lbs now)I need to keep up a good fighting weight to stick one on Goliath every now and again. At 6' 4" I have always been my fittest at about 16 and a half; and that is my aim.

    On the other hand your concern is touching thank you Vix

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unaware of the rapid weight loss - that is not such a good thing!
    Have they given you any clue as to why that could be happening, or is it a side effect of the chemo?

    Thinking of you x

    PS
    Would Beer help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Would Beer help?"

    Can a duck swim?

    And if you are paying Vix, then even better!

    Let me know when you are heading for London next and I'll see if I can organize a fungi foray somewhere to suit.

    David [X]

    ReplyDelete