Thursday 17 February 2011

May You Always Have an Angel by Your Side

Today, a week after being admitted to the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, and coincidental with having the wi-fi connection to the internet restored so that I can once again update my blog from my bedside, I received a wonderful keepsake from my virtual Mac-friend, Crystal. Suitably illustrated, it bore the title I have used for this posting and it quite simply reminds me that I continue to be offered into the care of such marvellous people. To the long list I now include all the staff on the various shifts at PTH:

"May you always have an angel watching out for you
*
Helping you believe in brighter days and in dreams come true
*
Giving you comfort and courage
*
 Catching you if you fall
*
Inspiring smiles
*
Holding your hand and helping you through it all
*
May you always have an angel by your side"

Douglas Pagels

8 comments:

  1. David you have a one very special angel by your side called Geraldine ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    How are you doing big fella...we will meet up soon when the weather is better and the sun is shining...I will send you a message shortly.

    All the very best

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David
    It’s good to see you posting again as this indicates that hopefully you’re feeling somewhat better, besides which, I think we all enjoy your blogs so much.
    The full version of that lovely poem can be found here:
    http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3031956/
    Love and Hugs to you and Geraldine
    Crystal xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,
    Welcome back to the connected world. I am so happy to see your new blog post. Keep on keeping on, we are here anytime. Incidentally, Ed is gradually breathing better, so today we got out of the apartment for THREE WHOLE HOURS! Pain management is still a challenge. Take care, and hugs from us to you two.
    Pilla xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The end result of today's excitement is that I was whistled off to The Royal Surrey for a MRI scan which revealed more mets in the thoracic spine. Admitted now for observation with a view to administering some radiotherapy within the next couple of days: Comfort level acce

    ReplyDelete
  7. ......ptable, anxiety level rising along with the dire functionality of this hospital system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re going through so much and it’s easy for me to say, but just take one small step for each new development and plenty of deep breaths to control anxiety and tension. Your team have advised radiotherapy for a good reason and this is hopefully to retard and destroy the mets. Stay strong, everyone is right behind you. As for the functionality of the network system, a stress ball and a computer hammer work for me.
    Love and Hugs
    Crystal xx

    ReplyDelete