Monday 23 August 2010

He's got the whole world in his hands.......

Sunday lunch at The Ferry, Cookham with Jennie and Geraldine
Today Geraldine and I celebrate our 7th anniversary and as usual on these occasions I am up in the early hours of the morning designing and printng my own greetings card, but never has it been so difficult to find rhe right words. At last the tears are flowing and it makes it bloody impossible to see what I am doing.  Using a photo of 'David Star' a variety of rose she bought me for our garden, and reference to my own star 'Big Red' for which she bought the registration when we first met, I finally settled on the following wording:


to My darling Geraldine.
No matter what the future holds
take courage from understanding
I will always be shining so brightly
to guide you in your firmament.
With all my fondest love,
now and forever,
'Big Red'
xxx





P.S. I awoke to find someone had planted 'Copper' anniversary mushrooms in my garden:


4 comments:

  1. Oh that's soooo lovely, absolutely beautiful.

    Happy Anniversary David and Geraldine :-)

    Much love to you both, Carole xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice!

    Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those mushrooms.Happy anniversary and many more to come
    Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all you lovely ladies and may I say how pleased I am to see that Pat, a long time webpal, has found my Blog.

    David X X X

    ReplyDelete