Tuesday 17 August 2010

Lunch Date

Today I had a lunch date at Frimley with a bunch of nurses. My booking was for noon but having arrived early I was very disappointed by the service as after promptly taking my order I had to wait nearly 4 hours before being shown to the table only to discover the menu consisted of one item; an Endoscopic Ultrasound probe, and the ambience of the Interventional Radiology Unit theatre left something to be desired. Luckily the assembled company was amicable and attentive. Moreover there were no adverse after effects.

Seriously folks  it was another essential stop off down the line and apart from having far too much time to contemplate my navel and monitor the comings and goings in the ward of the Day Surgery Unit it was a routine operation which passed uneventfully under the welcome euphoria of heavy sedation. It gave me the opportunity to meet with my consultant surgeon who was perfectly satisfied with both my knowledge of the impending procedure and my understanding of its raison d'etre in conjunction with the other diagnostic tests recently carried out. Understandably he could not furnish me with any more details during this encounter but did reassure me that a follow up appointment would be either on Friday or sometime next week.

4 comments:

  1. Could have been worse, could have been dinner at one of the Gordon Ramsey restaurants :-))

    Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for good results Friday or as early as possible next week

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like Gordon Ramsay lol

    Hello David, I found your blog through Carole's. I am sorry that you are gong through this, however I believe you will find a lot of support through the blogging community. I will be following your blog......

    Alli .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alli, Gordon's OK - it's his restaurants over here that are a complete rip off :-)

    Anyway, David was lucky - there's many out there who would want a lunch date with the nurses :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls - thanks for visiting. Always had a soft spot for nurses since childhood (a story for another day), but not so good for the blood pressure nowadays ;-)

    Had a cruise up the Thames from Westminster to Greenwich recently and noticed Gordon had pub (The Narrows) near the Limehouse Basin, E14.

    ReplyDelete