Friday 8 October 2010

"Human kindness is overflowing.........

.......And I think it's going to rain today" 


So echo the words in the Judy Collins song which reflect all the kindnesses being shown to me as I continue my wretched journey. Other lyrics of hers ask "Who knows where the time goes?" (You've probably guessed I'm quite a fan!) and I am reminded by them that the days are passing at a whirlwind pace and in such a hectic manner that I am finding it difficult to keep abreast of things. That goes for my blog too and I must make a concerted effort to bring it up to date especially as the recent news is, on the whole, pretty good.


But as another busy morning looms I promise to return later and keep you posted


Bless you all for the support, and I will wear it proudly outside my jogging pants if it helps bring a smile to your faces


love and best wishes to one and all


David [[[XXX]]]

4 comments:

  1. I love the Nina Simone version of that song and have listened to it a fair few times in the last few months. Not sure I've heard Judy Collins singing it. I'll no doubt find it on youtube!
    Hope you and Ian get together soon for a catch up. Great to hear you've been in touch with him - you've made my day. Well done.
    Shents xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click the link above in blog post shents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh!! Didn't see the link!
    Just watched it - she really does have a fabulous voice. Effortless. And a great song too. Randy Newman is a great poet.
    Incidentally - did you know on blogger that you can embed the clip itself in your post? Just type the question into blogger's 'help' bit, and they'll tell you how to do it. Its very easy. (Just in case you were bored and wanted to have a faff about on the computer doing clever-looking things!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bette Midler, another of my favs, does a good version too, and when it comes to poets Rod Mckuen is high on my list. Thanks for the tip. I have a lot to learn still about this blogging lark - the biggest frustration is my Album page, which in view of my hobbies is a real pain. xx

    ReplyDelete