Tuesday 26 October 2010

David Yarnall, RIP

Another brave soul called David regrettably and rather suddenly lost his own battle with oesophageal cancer recently and passed away before I had the pleasure of meeting him. I would like to take this opportunity to pass on my condolences to his daughter and my good friend Anna Burns, who, with her little spaniel Coco share many a Minley walk and the odd lunch with me and Chaka.

Chaka, Anna, Coco, Tom and Mel on a beautiful October morning by Minley Manor

Yesterday on a walk in glorious October sunshine, the warmth of which was matched only by their winning smiles, I met Anna, accompanied by her brother Tom and his girlfriend, over on a visit from Australia in order to attend David's funeral in Walsall on Friday.


In wishing Anna and her family all strength and peace in the knowledge that David was loved today, yesterday and forever more, I quote my own adaption of the following words:

♥Your daughter will hold your hand for a little while, but will hold your heart for eternity.♥

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Today my thoughts are with Anna, Tom and family as they travel to Walsall for David's funeral. Trusting that in their grief they can all find some peace of mind from knowing that for David the suffering has ceased but the love continues.

    bless you all

    David
    [X]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind words David. My Father was a fine man and was loved and appreciated by many people. I'm sure you and He would have got along famously!
    Melanie and I are going back to Australia in a few short days, but We're happy to have met you, and feel honoured that you've paid tribute to my father here.
    Life is too short and we owe it to ourselves and loved ones to fill it with as much joy and happiness as we can.
    All the best.
    Tom and Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sentiments; and I wish you both a safe journey back to Oz and a life ahead full of all the joy and happiness knowing how proud your Dad will be to belong, in both life and restful peace, to such a loving family.

    Love and best wishes

    David

    ReplyDelete